After successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
1. explain the meaning of concepts of marginalisation, social exclusion and subculture
2. recognise, identify and explain main theoretical approaches to problems of marginalisation, social exclusion and subcultural social position, and report about advantages and disadvantages of different theoretical approaches
3. explain and discuss main social causes and consequences of marginalisation, social exclusion and subcultural social position
4. connect theoretical perspectives and concepts with concrete problems of certain marginal, socially excluded and subcultural groups
5. indicate and compare main strategies used by individual groups for solving ptoblems of marginalisation and social exclusion
6. formulate main obstacles and/or advanatages of individual strategies for solving problems of marginalisationa nd social exclusion
7. reexamine social factors that cause and maintain pproblems of marginlisation and social exclusion and the challenges that the users of social services are faced with
8. recommend approaches to users of social services taking into consideration social factors of marginalisation and social exclusion
Practical and Generic Skills:
After successfullly mastering the course, students will be able to:
- publicly present acquired knowledge and skills orally and in writing;
- collect and analyse data and information from various sources;
- express themselves in a clear and structured manner while explaining their standpoints;
- present conclusions and recommendations in the formulatin of social policies that address problems of marginalisation and social exclusion
Matching Assessments to Learning Outcomes:
Seminar papers and materials.
Seminar will be conducted in the form of structured presentations and discussions of assigned articles and participation in seminar activities.
1. For every seminar session 3 scientific articles will be assigned (available on Loomen). For each session, members of every sub-group will have to read in advance and prepare themselves for a discussion of the article marked by the letter of their subgroup.
2. Students may occasionally get additional shorter articles, games or multimedia materials through Loomen. These materials have to be consulted by all students taking the seminar and they have to prepare for discussing them in the seminar session.