There are three ways of public transportation:
- buses and
- city railway.
They operate all day (every few minutes) and night (every hour).
Tickets can be bought at the newsstands and at the price of:
- 0.53€, which are valid for 30 minutes
- 0.93€, which are valid for 60 minutes,
- 1.33€ which are valid for 90 minutes
- 3.98€ which are valid for the entire day.
Make sure that you validate your ticket once you bord. An unvalidated ticket is as good as no ticket at all!
Monthly or annual tickets at a reduced price can be bought only in ZET (Zagreb Electric Tram) offices.
For more information: https://www.zet.hr/en
Process & Documentation - Local Public Transporation
In order to obtain a monthly/annual ticket it is necessary to fill out a ZET-form. Please click on the link below and download the first listed form called: Zahtjev za izdavanje pretplatne karte za redovite učenike i studente ili za produljenje statusa korisnika za 202x/202x (x – indicated academic year): https://www.zet.hr/preuzimanja/zahtjevi-za-izdavanje-pretplatnih-karata-ili-produljenje-statusa/262
How to Obtain Your ZET Card
In order for the form to be valid, it is required to get it validated by the faculty/receiving instutition. Please come in person to the International Mobility Office to get the form validated.
Before coming to the International Mobility Office, please do the following:
1. Print the form Zahtjev za izdavanje pretplatne karte za redovite učenike i studente ili za produljenje statusa korisnika za 202x/202x
2. Fill out the form Zahtjev za izdavanje pretplatne karte za redovite učenike i studente ili za produljenje statusa korisnika za 202x/202x as indicated in the document enclosed
3. Do not forget to bring a photo of your face because the photo (passport/ID dimensions) needs to be validated as well.
After the validation:
1. You need to go to the Zagreb Electric Trams Central Office at the following address:
Ozaljska 105, HR-10000 Zagreb
2. It is located at the end of the tram line number 12 in direction of LJUBLJANICA
3. At the Zagreb Electric Trams Central Office, you will need to purchase a prepaid card (3.98€ + photo)
4. The card may be topped up with monthly or annual prepaid coupons.
This card enables you to use all the buses and trams in the area of the city of Zagreb. For more information: https://www.zet.hr/tickets-and-fares/prepaid-card/602