Dr. Snjezana Vasiljevic, M. Phil (Cantab)
BA, MA University of Zagreb, Faculty of Law/diploma summa cum laude.
M. Phil Faculty of Law, Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge, Darwin College
Ph. D. University of Zagreb, Faculty of Law
- visiting fellow Johannes Kepler Univarsität Linz (2004)
- visiting fellow London School of Economics and Political Science (2005)
- visiting fellow Faculty of Law, University of Liverpool (2006)
- visiting fellow Columbia University, Law School, New York (2008)
- visiting fellow Columbia University, Law School, New York (2012)
- visiting fellow University of California Los Angeles, Law School (2014)
Rector's award (1999)
Dean's awards (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)
American Bar Association CEELI award for the best paper in the area of sexual discrimination (2003).
- expert member of the Legislative Committee of the Croatian Parliament
- legal expert of UNIFEM, UNDP Croatia, the Ombudsperson for Gender Equality, Governmental Office for Gender Equality and Governmental Office for Human Rights and Ethnic Minorities.
- European Public Law, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Law
- Fundamental Rights in the European Union, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Law
- European Antidiscrimination Law, University of Zagreb
- European Union and Structural Funds, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Political Sciences.
- European Antidiscrimination Law, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate course in Diplomacy
- European Union Law, University of Osijek
- “Republic of Croatia and International Community facing the Challenge of Corruption”, Pravnik, 3-4 (1998).
- “Equality between Men and Women: Challenges to Croatian Legislation”, in K. Ott (ed.) Croatian Accession to the European Union: Economic and Legal Challenges, Zagreb: Institute for Public Finance (2003).
- “Sexual Harassment”, in S. Rodin (ed.) Equality between Men and Women: Law and Politics in Croatia and the European Union, Zagreb: Institute for International Relations (2003).
- “European Citizenship from Gender Perspective”, Collected Papers of Zagreb Law School, 53 (3-4), 949-963 (2003).
- “Gender Equality Act”, Journal of Social Policy, 10 (3-4), 397-402 (2003).
- “The Legal Aspects of the Protection of Minorities in the Process of Stabilization and Association”, in K. Ott (ed.) Croatian Accession to the European Union: Institutional Challenges, Zagreb: Institute for Public Finance (2004).
- “Ethnic Relations and Examples of Positive Practice in South-East Europe”, in How to Improve Development on Local Level? Handbook With Best Practice Examples from South-East Europe, Zagreb: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Office Zagreb (2004).
- National Integrity System Study – Republic of Croatia Corruption Profile (editor). Zagreb: Transparency International, AED & USAID (2005)
- “European Citizenship”, in K. Ott (ed.) Croatian Accession to the European Union, Zagreb: Institute for Public Finance (2006).
- Firearms Possession and Domestic Violence in the Western Balkans: A Comparative Study of Legislation and Implementation Mechanisms – The Case of Croatia, SEESAC, Belgrade, (2007).
- Code of Practice for Employers in cases of Sex Discrimination, CESI: Zagreb (2007)
- Multiple discrimination in the EU. Doctoral thesis. Zagreb: Faculty of Law (2008).
- “European citizenship in the context of gender equality legislation in Eastern European Countries: The case of Croatia”, in I. Sulkunen, S.L. Nevala-Nurmi and P. Markkola (eds.) Suffrage, gender and citizenship – International perspectives on parliamentary reforms. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing (2009).
- Social inclusion in the light of the Lisbon Treaty. Zagreb: Narodne novine (2009).
- “European Citizenship: a new challenge for European democracy”, in Arato, Krisztina Kaniok, Petr (ed.) Euroscepticism and European Integration. Zagreb: Political Science Research Centre (2009).
- “Intersectional Discrimination: Difficulties in Interpretation of European Norm”, in M. Thiel & E. Prugl (eds.), Diversity and European Integration, New York: Macmillan/Palgrave (2009).
- “Legal framework of discrimination at the workplace”, in Strengthening the weakest clevis in the world of labour, handbook published by the Association for protection of victims of mobbing supported by the PHARE 2006 EC project, Zagreb (2009).
- “Comparative analysis of anti-mobbing legislation. Country studies: Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia”. Zagreb: The Association for help and education of mobbing victims (2011).
- “Similar and different: Discrimination in the European Union and the Republic of Croatia. Zagreb: Tim Press (2011).
- “Audiatur et altera pars: examples of sex and ethnic discrimination”, Handbook, Zagreb: Centre for Women’s Studies (2012).
- Vasiljevic, S., Dezelan, T., Pesut, J., Sirocic, Z., Fink-Hafner, D., Sutlovic, L., Krasovec, A., Krupljan, S., Velic, A. Levelling the playing field. Monitoring Croatian policies to promote gender equality in politics. (Book series Javne politike). Ljubljana: Faculty of Social Sciences (2013).
- Gender Equality and non-discrimination principle in the context of the Croatian accession to the EU. Zagreb: Heinrich Boll Foundation, 2013. Available at: http://www.hr.boell.org/downloads/hw-hw_discrim_S._Vasiljevic.pdf
- “Challenges of the Modern Anti-discrimination Law: Light at the end of the tunnel?“, in Z. Potocnjak, I. Grgurev i A. Grgic Collected papers of the scientific symposium „Perspectives of Antidiscrimination Legislation“ University of Zagreb, Faculty of law (2014).
- Vasiljevic, S., Orsolic Dalessio, T. 2014. Croatia – National Report, Union Citizenship: Development, Impact and Challenges. FIDE XXVI (2014).